The Iowa Regents' Center for Early Developmental Education invites graduate students to apply for the following assistantship.
Position Title: Graduate Assistant for Iowa Regents’ Center for Early Developmental Education
Reports to: Dr. Beth VanMeeteren, Director of Iowa Regents’ Center for Early Developmental Education
Terms of Employment:
- For the fall semester: 20 hours per week, beginning August 24, 2020 and ending December 18, 2020. Does not include the week of Thanksgiving Break.
- For the spring semester: 20 hours per week, beginning January 11, 2021 and ending May 7, 2021. Does not include the week of Spring Break.
- Preference will be afforded to individuals who are available during the day.
- Full assistantship salary (20 hours per week) for 2020-2021 is $5,395 per semester.
- Salary will be prorated weekly for late start.
- Graduate Assistants may qualify for in-state tuition and fees.
- Graduate Assistants receive University holidays and do not work during Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break, or the interims between semesters.
- For more information on the Graduate Assistantship System and procedures: http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantship/
- Maintain and communicate progress through regular meetings with supervisor.
- Attend regularly scheduled center meetings.
- Attendance at meetings related to research or partnerships, and acting as a liaison between faculty, departments and other organizations involved in research.
- Conducting field research activities on and off campus.
- Transcription of videos of research subjects.
- Literature search for appropriate articles from professional literature, including review and summarization, to support research.
- Writing and editing literature and manuscript reviews.
- Research data support including collecting, organizing, entering, labeling and analyzing data.
- Preparing poster displays, slide shows, hands-on examples and materials, including lectures, for presentations and conferences.
- Assisting with grant funding including locating grant funding sources, writing and/or preparing grant application information.
- Assist with Regents’ Center classroom set-up for visitors and university courses who use the Integrative STEM classroom.
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student in a UNI graduate program.
- Must be enrolled in 9 graduate credits each semester of assistantship.
- Maintain a UNI cumulative GPA of at least 3:00. First semester graduate students must have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00.
- Preferred background in research, early childhood education, curriculum and/or multicultural education.
Applications received by March 13, 2020 will be given preferential consideration.